Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:43:13 +1100

Hugh Sasse <address@hidden> writes:

> putenv          putenv (3c)     - change or add value to environment
>
> The manual page says it should be of the form "name=value" and the
> string should not be automatic. In a function it should be declared
> static.

Yep.  I believe there's a bit of variation in whether it's copied or
not.  The fleebsd extreme is to copy and then in fact never free.

For an unsetenv traditionally I think it was putenv("FOO").  We should
try to arrange to do that, somehow.  There's an autoconf portability
note that such a putenv seg faults on AIX, but presumably there's an
unsetenv on that system.

An alternative would be the gnulib portable implementations of all
these bits, which do some explict manipulation of the "environ" global
variable.