Re: Guile Introspection

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile Introspection
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:35:07 +0200

Hi Andy,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 17:18 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> As for the file name and line number, you can in theory get them
>> (provided Guile runs in "debug" mode) using `procedure-source' and
>> `source-properties', although the details escape me now.
>
> I actually don't think this is true; procedure-source returns a copy,
> and the source-properties weak hash is an eq? hash. AFAIK.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant by "the details escape me now".  ;-)

`display-backtrace', for instance, knows how to do this, but it gets the
source from the frame (rather than from the procedure).

Apparently, we can't do this with `procedure-source' because it does
many things (including unmemoizing and returning a fresh expression if
needed) that remove source properties.  We might be able to change this
using some Smart Tricks that escape me currently.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.