Re: Just in case...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Just in case...
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:26:13 -0700

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

> dpkg-gencontrol: error: current host architecture 'ia64' does not
> appear in package's architecture list (alpha amd64 arm armel hppa i386
> m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc kfreebsd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64)
>
> (http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=guile-1.8&arch=ia64&ver=1.8.5%2B1-3&stamp=1218520791&file=log&as=raw)
>
> I presume you can handle that.

Yes, though I'll have to find out what's appropriate since changes to
some control fields can require a manual review by the ftpmasters.  As
it stands now, I don't think this will affect guile with respect to
lenny.

> I'll try to take a look at the m68k prob tonight.  If anyone else can
> start investigating before then, please do!  (Right now, I haven't
> even looked at what test-round does, so we're starting from square
> one.)

Note that if I recall correctly, m68k isn't a release critical
architecture for lenny, so although I think it would be good to fix
this, it may not affect guile's inclusion in lenny.

Thanks for the help.
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu