Re: more debugging info needed.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: more debugging info needed.
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:32:38 +0000

Paul Emsley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Guilers,
>
> I'd like more more debugging info, I currently get something like:
>
> Exception: (wrong-type-arg #f Wrong type (expecting ~A): ~S (pair D) (D))
>
> I have
> (turn-on-debugging)
>
> in my begin.grg file.
>
> I'd like to see the line number too.  Is that possible?

Hi Paul,

`(turn-on-debugging)' is the right first step.  It makes sure that
debugging information (file names and line numbers) is available
internally, associated with the code that Guile has read in.

In addition, you need to

- capture the stack at the point where that exception occurs - using
  `catch', `lazy-catch' or `with-throw-handler'

- print out the captured stack, probably at the same place that you
  currently print the above exception args.

This is covered in detail in the `Debug on Error' node of the manual.
Please take a look at that and then let us know if you have further
questions.

Regards,
        Neil