[ANN] Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.2 released

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [ANN] Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.2 released
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:52:42 +0200

Hello,

I am pleased to announce version 0.2 of Guile-R6RS-Libs for Guile 1.8
and later:

  http://www.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/software/guile/guile-r6rs-libs-0.2.tar.gz
  http://www.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/software/guile/guile-r6rs-libs-0.2.tar.gz.sig

The SHA-1 sum is:

  8849c71cf8f7025ecc7b511180ede22c6e12fdbc  guile-r6rs-libs-0.2.tar.gz

Documentation can be browsed at:

  http://www.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/software/guile/guile-r6rs-libs.html

The goal of this package is to provide an implementation of a "useful"
subset of the R6RS standard libraries [0].  Currently, only the
bytevector API [1] is implemented, along with a subset of the port I/O
interface related to binary I/O [2] (see the `STATUS' file for details).
Thus, this release provides convenient means to implement a variety of
things requiring binary I/O, including binary protocols and binary file
parsing.  The package comes with no documentation so users are expected
to refer to [1] and [2].

Excerpt from the `NEWS' file:

  * New in Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.2

  ** API modifications
  *** Modules are now visible under the `rnrs' hierarchy
  Applications should now use module names like `(rnrs bytevector)'
  instead of `(r6rs bytevector)'; the latter is still supported for
  backward compatibility, though.
  *** `make-custom-binary-input-port' now requires 5 arguments
  Until now it wrongfully considered that only the first two arguments
  were mandatory.
  *** New C variables `scm_r6rs_endianness_{big,little}'
  *** New `make-custom-binary-output-port' procedure

  ** Bug fixes
  *** Fix builds on 64-bit platforms
  *** Fix custom binary input ports for Guile >= 1.8.6
  *** Fix `bytevector->{sint,uint}-list' for SIZE > bytevector length
  *** Add missing `STATUS' file

  ** Packaging
  *** Comprehensive Texinfo documentation was added
  *** Simple micro-benchmarks were added
  Type "make benchmark -C benchmarks" to run them.

The source code repository is now available at:

  http://repo.or.cz/w/guile-r6rs-libs.git

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://r6rs.org/