Re: sharing a file descriptor with a port

From: rixed
Subject: Re: sharing a file descriptor with a port
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:29:28 +0200

-[ Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:03:13PM +0200, Thien-Thi Nguyen ]----
> Perhaps you can make a port first; then use ???port->fdes???
> for file-descriptor based access; then close the port.

Wait a minute, you can close a port ?
... check check check ...
Ooooooookay. I might be blind somehow : Althoug I did see the fport_close()
function, I though it was only called by fport_free(). Of course
there is this nice scm_close_port function that calls it too, and
then destroys the port.
This is what I was after. Now I can close the file and destroy the port
too.

Thank you for the hint ! :)

Ashamedly yours,