Re: Installing scheme only programs

From: Diogo F . S . Ramos
Subject: Re: Installing scheme only programs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:42:10 -0300 (BRT)

> I use the following trick to get things into the guile site directory
> (and still pass a make distcheck).
>
> In configure.ac
> GUILE_PROGS
> GUILE_FLAGS
> GUILE_SITE_DIR
>
> GUILE_PREFIX=`$GUILE_CONFIG info prefix`
> AC_SUBST(GUILE_PREFIX)
>
> In src/Makefile.am:
> SUFFIXES = .scm .go
> .scm.go:
>         $(top_srcdir)/build-environ $(GUILE_COMPILE) -o "$@" "$<"
>
> guilesite = @GUILE_SITE@
> guileprefix = @GUILE_PREFIX@
> guilesitesuffix = `echo $(guilesite) | sed -e 's!^$(guileprefix)!!'`
> guilesnmpdir =  $(exec_prefix)/$(guilesitesuffix)/snmp
> guilesnmp_DATA = $(SCHEMESOURCES) $(GOBJECTS)

Nice to know, thank you.

This reminds me of an issue that I'm having with guile-gnome, but I
guess it's a theme that would be appropriate to come in here.

I'm using the great m4 macros from guile.m4 to test if some guile
modules are installed. The thing is, while I can test for (gnome-2), I
can't for, say, (gnome gtk), because, as I understand it, (gnome-2)
prepares the paths to enable loading gnome modules, but, as I'm not
/using/ (gnome-2) at configure time, I can't locate them.

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos