Re: Compatibility V1.8 and 2.0 - deprecated (debug-enable 'debug)

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Compatibility V1.8 and 2.0 - deprecated (debug-enable 'debug)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:50:23 +0100

Hi Thien-Thi,
Thanks for the info, it would be useful but we need to things at
run-time.  We've got stuff in an initialization scheme script which is
called from the Lilypond code image and this historically has done the
(debug-enable 'debug) call.  I want to be able to code it for
backwards-compatibility for Guile V2 and Guile V1.8, and also not cause
any deprecation warnings when running with Guile V2.  E.g.

;;; Boolean thunk - are we integrating Guile V2.0 or higher with Lily?
(define-public (guile-v2)
  (string>? (version) "1.9.10"))
.
.
.
(if (not (guile-v2))
  (debug-enable 'debug) ;; Guile V1.8.7
  (begin                ;; Guile V2 options
    (debug-enable 'backtrace)
    (debug-enable 'show-file-name)))

Is there anything I can code when running with Guile V2 that provides
the equivalent functionality to (debug-enable 'debug), but will not
trigger deprecation warnings, or will this:

(if (not (guile-v2))
  (debug-enable 'debug)) ;; Guile V1.8.7

be all I can do?

Cheers,