[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ANN] Guile-Reader 0.6
[ANN] Guile-Reader 0.6
Tue, 08 May 2012 23:06:42 +0200
Gnus/5.110018 (No Gnus v0.18) Emacs/24.0.93 (gnu/linux)
Version 0.6 of Guile-Reader for Guile 2.0.x and 1.8.x is now available.
This release adds new features, most notably Guile 2.0 and Unicode support.
Documentation is available from:
Guile-Reader is a reader creation framework for Guile. It can be
thought of as an alternative to Guile's built-in reader. The purpose of
Guile-Reader is to allow for the creation of readers for different
variants of the Scheme/Lisp syntax. Its design allows the re-use and
composition of various parts of a lexer called “token readers”. It
comes with a library of re-usable token readers that can be used to
build a Scheme reader with various extensions. For instance, syntax
extensions for DSSSL keywords, SRFI-30 block comments, SRFI-62 S-exp
comments, square-bracket S-exps, and brace S-exps are provided and
readily usable through the ‘make-alternate-guile-reader’ procedure.
Additionally, Guile-Reader aims to improve on Guile's reader sub-system
by allowing for the coexistence of several, potentially incompatible,
readers within a single Guile program. In particular, it provides a
“confinement” mechanism that confines changes made via ‘read-set!’ and
‘read-hash-extend’ to the calling module.
New in Guile-Reader 0.6
* Guile-Reader is now distributed under GPLv3 or later (instead of
GPLv2 or later).
* New token reader for R6RS-style syntax quotes: #', #`, and #,.
* `make-guile-reader' returns a reader that understands SRFI-62
s-exp comments, R6RS-style syntax quotes, and s-exps introduced by
square brackets. All these are supported by default by `read' in
* On Guile 2.0, non-ASCII Unicode symbols, strings, characters, and
Skribe-expressions are correctly read.
* On Guile 2.0, Scheme source files are compiled and installed.
* Bugs fixed
* Add support for rationals in the number token reader.
* Provide replacement for some `scm_i_' functions and other
internals no longer accessible in Guile 1.9+.
* Adjust packaging so that it works with Guile 1.9+.
Description: PGP signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [ANN] Guile-Reader 0.6,
Ludovic Courtès <=