procedure-source availability

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: procedure-source availability
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 21:05:57 +0200

Hi,
I remember, that guile 1.8 had a meta-procedure called
'procedure-source' that returned what it said it would.

As I'm trying to use it now (with 2.0), it always returns #f.
Is there any way to convince guile to memoize the source
code of at least some of the procedures defined by user,
so they would be available through 'procedure-source',
or is 'procedure-source' completely redundant and abandoned?

best regards
M.