Module reflection and the list of bound symbols

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Module reflection and the list of bound symbols
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:37:17 +0200

Hello,
In guile there seem to be many ways of querying whether
a certain symbol is bound in a given module/environment,
like `defined?', `module-symbol-binding', `module-variable'
etc.

On the other hand, there is no way (or I haven't found one)
to list the bound symbols explicitly. It seems tempting to
have a reflection function `module-symbols' or `environment-symbols'
that would return the names of bound symbols,
or to have functions like environment->list or module->list that
would return assoc lists mapping symbols to their values.

I've been wondering whether the lack of such functions
is deliberate, or if there's a chance that they could be added
some time in the future.
(Or maybe I just overlooked something, and they are already
available?)

Yours,
Maciek