Re: Module reflection and the list of bound symbols

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Module reflection and the list of bound symbols
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:21:06 -0300

Hello,

> ... to get only the public (exported) ones using the
> interfaces, but that is beyond my knowledge at the moment.

Here is what i do, see the attached code [which i copied from
guile-gnome], then you can use it this way, as an example:

1. you define a module b and export some ...

2.

   ;;; file a.scm STARTS here
   (define-module (a)
     :use-module (reexport)
     :use-module (b))
     :export ... ...

   (eval-when (compile load eval)
     (re-export-public-interface (b)))

   ;; your code here...
   ;; ...
   ;;; file a.scm ENDS here

3.

   finally:

   guile
   scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (a))
   ;; then you can use both public interface from a and b

Of course this is true for any module which uses the module a [it can
refers to the public interface of b too...]

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
David

ps:     i have always tought guile itself should provide this feature as
built-in