Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 01:36:16 -0500

zx spectrumgomas <address@hidden> writes:
> I've created GNU Guile in google+ . Join to the community!
> https://plus.google.com/communities/109342732294319716184?hl=es

No, please do not join this so-called "community".  Google+, like
Facebook, is a very disturbing attempt by a single corporation to
centralize control of internet communications.  They abuse the privacy
of their users in many ways and must be rejected.

I for one absolutely refuse to use the centralized social networking
sites, and I know Ludovic Courtès feels the same way.  As far as I know
Andy Wingo doesn't use Google+ either.

The real Guile community is on its mailing lists and on #guile on
irc.freenode.net, both of which are based on decentralized protocols
that are not controlled by any corporation do not require you to
identify yourself.

zx spectrumgomas, I would ask that you please delete this so-called
Google+ "community".

     Mark