Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:39:53 +0100

() zx spectrumgomas <address@hidden>
() Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:08:43 +0100

   Here a member of the FSF and he seems that  uses google+, [...]

Have you considered contacting Gregory Benison to get an account on:
<http://www.gcbhacks.dreamhosters.com/scheme-web-apps/schwordpress.cgi>
(a Guile-Scheme-driven web log)?

It is surely underdeveloped in comparison to the (other) established
services, so maybe that's something you could play with (and hack on)
concurrently w/ building community (newbies or otherwise).  After all,
the best-fit tools are the ones you see fit to craft.

Of course, i don't know how Gregory Benison compares against the (other)
established services regarding privacy and respecting user freedom, so
that's something you'd want to clarify up front.  FWIW, my experiences,
though few, have been generally positive.

Anyway, i think you would find this approach more satisfying, long term.
Believe me, i know how it feels to push against the tide.  :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .