SRFI-37: option

From: Nikita Karetnikov
Subject: SRFI-37: option
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:03:35 -0500

Hello,

I have some questions about the '%options' variable. [1]

1. According to the documentation, 'option' accepts four arguments:
   'names', 'required-arg?', 'optional-arg?', 'processor' and
   "processor is a procedure that takes at least 3 arguments..." [2]

   So why do some options (e.g., 'version') only accept a single
   argument? Does it mean that the above quotation is incorrect?

2. How does 'processor' work?

   For instance, 'version' creates a procedure that accepts a single
   argument (i.e., 'args'), but it doesn't use that argument, does it?

3. Could you elaborate on 'list-available'?

   What will happen if I run 'guix-package -A nano'? What values will
   be assigned to 'opt', 'name', 'arg', and 'result'?

Nikita

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix-package.in
[2] https://gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html