Re: [ANN] the Guile 100 Programs Project

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [ANN] the Guile 100 Programs Project
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:41:06 -0800 (PST)

> From: Nala Ginrut <address@hidden>

>> Heh, reimplementing coreutils in Scheme has been a plan of mine for a
>> while, as part of justifying my Iteratees library, but that has taken a
>> sideline to newer and shinier projects.
>>

> Maybe another new project, say, rewrite GNU with Guile, include part of
> HURD, heh? I even get the name, GoG, GNU on Guile. ;-P

LOL.  I'm not trying to reimplement all of Unix.  I just want a newbie
to be able to compare some Scheme code to a concept that she or he
already understands, to facilitate learning.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves anyway.  We still have the birthday
potluck to get through.  And I still have to write a website for this
madness.

-Mike