Re: statically linking in srfi modules

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: statically linking in srfi modules
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:39:38 -0500

Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

> I succeeded in linking Denemo with the call
>
> scm_c_register_extension ("libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", "scm_init_srfi_1",
>                              scm_init_srfi_1, NULL);
> inserted right at the beginning of inner_main (the  value passed to
> scm_boot_guile, that is), but disappointingly I still get the error
> message when srfi-1 tries to dynamically load
>
> <libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3 The specified module could not be found.>

The problem is the call to 'load-extension' near the top of
'srfi-1.scm', which again tries to load that shared library.
You'll have to remove that call from 'srfi-1.scm'.

You should probably do the same thing for libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-v-3,
so that Denemo users who wish to use the string or character set
libraries can do so.

      Mark