Re: guile-2.0.11 installation on system with 2.0.5

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: guile-2.0.11 installation on system with 2.0.5
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 10:02:46 +0200

> Hi Federico,
> That is odd, on my Debian "wheezy" system, the debian packaged guile
> is a symbolic link /usr/bin/guile to
> /etc/alternatives/guile, which in turn is a symbolic link to
> /usr/bin/guile-2.0 . What returns from the command "which guile" on
> your system ?

With the locally installed guile 2.0.11 `which guile' reports
/usr/local/bin/guile. I've now uninstalled it (`make uninstall').

Without the local copy of guile I see the same as you: /usr/bin/guile is
a symbolic link to /etc/alternatives/guile which in turn is a symlink to
/usr/bin/guile-2.0.

Regards,
Fede