docstrings in the reference manual

From: jamil egdemir
Subject: docstrings in the reference manual
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:48:39 -0500

Hi,

I'm almost afraid to ask this one but I've been poking around the
reference manual at:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/index.html

for a while now and for the life of me I can't find a description of
how docstrings work in guile.  When I say docstring here I'm thinking
of docstrings like we have in python.  Googling for 'docstrings guile
scheme site:www.gnu.org/software/guile' is showing hits under function
snarfing here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Function-Snarfing.html

but when I look there it seems related to coding up new built-ins
using C.  I'm very new to guile but I was under the impression that
docstrings were more like the notion of docstring in python as
described here:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/

Apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious in the ref
manual here again.  :)

-j

Jamil Egdemir
address@hidden