Re: Compiling - won't use from site-dir?

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: Compiling - won't use from site-dir?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:41:17 +0100

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:05:54 -0800
Christopher Howard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, as reading in guile manual section "Modules and the File System",
> I installed my-module.scm to %site-dir and then my-module.go to %site-
> dir. But when I run guile interpreter and use-modules my-module, it
> ignores that one, and instead acts as though the cache in my home
> directory is the only place to get compiled modules. So it will
> compile the .go file into my cache even if one is in the %site-dir
> already.
>
> I tried naming it my-module.scm.go instead, but same results.

This bit of the documentation should help: "As with Scheme files, Guile
searches a path to find compiled .go files, the %load-compiled-path. By
default, this path has two entries: a path for Guileā€™s files, and a
path for site packages. You should install your .go files into the
latter directory, whose value is returned by invoking the
%site-ccache-dir procedure. As in the previous example, if Guile 2.2 is
installed on your system in /usr/, then (%site-ccache-dir) site
packages will be /usr/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache"

Chris