Re: What tools do you use with Guile?

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: What tools do you use with Guile?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 07:23:56 +0000

Le mar. 3 avr. 2018 04:05, Erik Edrosa <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hello everyone,
>
> Something I have been wondering is what tools does the community use to
> work on their GNU Guile projects?
>
> What do you use to build your projects? Do you use autotools,
> handwritten Makefiles, some other build system, or don't even use any
> build tools?

I started using autotools.

> How do you manage your software written in Guile? Do you use a package
> manager like GNU Guix, use the build system to install packages, or just
> copy files to your project directories?

I do both. I have one project that is packaged but others I copy paste
(microkanren, streams, combinator, web stuff)

> What do you use to test your projects? srfi-64, guile-lib, or some other
> library?

I use small macro for small project or srfi 64 with code coverage now.

What text editor do you use? GNU Emacs, vim, or some other editor? What
> extensions do you use for your editor?

Emacs but I make very simple use of it. I have geiser installed mostly to
have access to scheme mode and rainbow delimiter and also bm extensions to
bookmark lines of code.

I also have silversearcher aka. ag instead of the default C-f

> Do you use other languages on Guile? Wisp, Lua, or some other language?

No.

> Any other tool worth mentioning?

I heavily rely on the REPL with the help procedure and the procedure index
manual page.

> Thanks,
> Erik (OrangeShark)

Have a good day!