Re: trying Chickadee

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: trying Chickadee
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 15:41:27 -0400

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Zelphir Kaltstahl
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Adding (add-hook! quit-hook abort-game) worked flawlessly, thanks.
>
> Can I do anything to help Chickadee to recognize my monitor refresh rate?

I'm not really sure what's going on there, not even sure if that's
really your problem. It's just a hunch. Chickadee relies upon SDL2 for
a lot of things, including handling all of the vsync stuff. On some
systems it throws an error when enabling vsync and it was blocking a
lot of people from getting started so I just started ignoring the
error.  The upcoming version of Chickadee will print a warning in this
case so it will be obvious if it's happening or not.