Re: Self-evaluating function and closure

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: Self-evaluating function and closure
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 15:35:47 -0400

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 4:31 AM Vladimir Zhbanov <address@hidden> wrote:

The result is unexpected for me, I expected a new self-evaluating
> procedure every time I run the function-generator procedure (and
> it works differently with Guile 2.0, IIUC, cannot check just now).

I tested this on Chicken, Biwa, and Chbi, and all agree on producing new
closures that are not eq?.  So I'd call it a bug in either Guile or
the Scheme standard, but probably in Guile.

> AFAICS, Guile creates a toplevel procedure "a" while it should not
> do so.

I am not able to reproduce this on Guile 2.2.4.  Try restarting
Guile and doing just the commands above and see if it persists.

John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        address@hidden
The whole of Gaul is quartered into three halves.
        --Julius Caesar