Re: Raising awareness about guile-pfds status

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: Raising awareness about guile-pfds status
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:50:05 +0200

If it is HAMTs or persistent vectors you want, I have a git repo of Andy's Fash
and Fector (functional hashmaps and functional.vectors). Fash lacks some parts
to become a fast implementation of (srfi 146 hash), like being able to properly
delete keys. I would implement it myself if I had any friggin idea what the
code did, but to my limited mind it is quite impenetrable.

Other than that, I have a decently fast implementation of a pairing heap in my
Nietzsche repo, which I found is generally slightly faster than the height
balanced leftist tree in the PFDS library (and, should be said, about an order
of magnitude slower than a regular binary heap using vectors).

The Fector library: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-fector

The fash library: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-fash/

My pairing heap:
https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/nietzsche/src/default/data/pairing-heap.scm

I don't know how using records compares to using cons pairs in guile, but there
might be some speed gains. It also lacks a proper (as in fast) list->node
because my 23 year old me didn't know how to implement it. It should be
trivial.

Fash and Fector are very fast. Andy likes speed :)

--
  Linus Björnstam