Re: Diversification [ branched from Re: conflicts in the gnu project now

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Diversification [ branched from Re: conflicts in the gnu project now affect guile]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:16:34 +0200

Le dim. 20 oct. 2019 à 08:14, John Cowan <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 2:11 AM Todor Kondić <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > But, I doubt any of them would find it natural to take a step further and
> > participate in GNU itself (ugh, now I sound like a preacher of a new age
> > religion). To my knowledge, interaction within GNU communities is still
> > mostly mailing lists and IRC. This _not_ my students' natural digital
> > habitat.
>

> The only natural digital habitat of human beings is their fingers.  All
> else is learned, and more can be learned at any time.  There's no reason
> why students ought to be so closed to new experiences.

Regarding the mailling list, many projects (among GNOME) have or will
adopt https://www.discourse.org/. It has a per-user mailling list mode
but it can not bridge mailman. My guess is that a discourse instance
only for GNU Guile and Guix would be overkill, so maybe GNU might
consider using that software?