Re: [ANN] Metabash 0.0.0

From: Artyom V. Poptsov
Subject: Re: [ANN] Metabash 0.0.0
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 10:32:23 +0300

> This is really cool!

Thanks!

> Maybe it doesn't make sense, but could the `(guile ...) be handled by
> the same running process instead of creating another process, so you
> just pass this to the plumber?

Yes, it makes sense when a Guile code runs locally; it could be possible
to run the code in a different thread instead of spawning a new Guile
process.

On the other hand, I'd love to have uniformity in the way the Guile code
is handled in the pipeline, either locally or remotely; that also means
when executed locally it does not affected by the current program state
and cannot modify in any way as it would be if I'd run it in a new
thread.

Nevertheless, big thanks for thought-provoking suggestions and the
patch (I merged it today.)

- Artyom

--
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com>