Re: display path of directory of a file and bug?

From: 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE
Subject: Re: display path of directory of a file and bug?
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 10:12:37 -0500

On 2020-09-06 at 16:03:17 +0200,
Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> wrote:

> If I move a file using `mv`, a recomplation seems to be not
> required. If I copy the file instead, Guile recompiled it. Does this
> have something to do with inodes or creation date, which is
> differently handled when using `cp` instead of `mv`?

That was my first thought.  Renaming a file (using mv) doesn't change
the timestamp, and it's likely that guile tries to use a cached version
but some of the pieces don't fit right.  Someone with more knowledge of
guile and its caching will have to provide more details.

Possible solutions?  (1) Clean your cache.  Mine is somewhere under
$HOME/.cache/guile/ccache.  (2) Use GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=fresh to force
guile to ignore the cache and recompile the source file.  (3) Don't do
that.  ;-)

HTH,
Dan