Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Starting a GNU Guile awesome list
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 13:55:46 -0500

On Sun, 2020-11-08 at 18:09 +0100, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
> I was hoping for a solution, which could use Elisp in one part of the
> makefile and bash in another part of the makefile.

I apologize that I wasn't following the previous messages in this
thread so I don't have the full context.

However, you can choose to use different interpreters for different
recipes in modern GNU make by assigning the SHELL variable as a target-
specific variable [1]:

    SHELL = /usr/bin/guile

    all: guile sh

    guile: ; ; this is the default and runs in guile

    sh: SHELL = /bin/bash
    sh: ; # this is overridden and runs in the shell

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Target_002dspecific.html