Re: Guile-PG 0.49 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile-PG 0.49 available
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 21:26:38 -0500

() Joshua Branson via General Guile related discussions <guile-user@gnu.org>
() Sun, 27 Dec 2020 19:48:30 -0500

   May I ask how this differs from guile-squee?  Is it "faster"?

Can't say -- i've never used guile-squee, personally.  However,
a brief scan of the guile-squee homepage tells me that Guile-PG
is "more", in the sense of offering not only libpq wrapping, but
also other modules related to working w/ PostgreSQL, as well as
documentation:

 http://www.nongnu.org/guile-pg/doc/index.html

OTOH, for many people "less is more".  :-D

I suppose i should look into guile-squee some more, especially
if/how it handles lobj (large objects) and ports for Guile 2.2
and onward.  Any hints on that topic most welcome!

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2020) Software Libero