Re: no scm_foreign_object_p ?

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: no scm_foreign_object_p ?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 21:04:37 +0100

Hello,

Le samedi 23 janvier 2021 à 14:29 -0500, olivier.dion--- via General
Guile related discussions a écrit :
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2021, Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I started using foreign objects but want something akin to
> > number?,
> > string? etc.
> > Is there something that works here?
> > I was hoping to see scm_foreign_object_p(type, object).
>
> The only thing I see in the manual is
> `scm_assert_foreign_object_type`.
That's what I noticed too; if you want something finer you need to
write scheme code.

Since foreign pointers are GOOPS objects and foreign pointer types are
classes, maybe the is-a? predicate could work, with the foreign pointer
type as the class?

divoplade