Re: Guile Hacker Handbook - Character sets

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Guile Hacker Handbook - Character sets
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:26:45 +0100

Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <jeremy@korwin-zmijowski.fr> writes:

> Le jeudi 18 février 2021 à 22:56 +0100, Zelphir Kaltstahl a écrit :
>> I am looking forward to seeing a new chapter of your handbook,
>> especially, if there is more stuff that explains macros and how to
>> get
>> something useful done with macros. : )
>
> Thank you for your support.
> Macros are a wide topic, I will start with a syntax-rule to make use of
> srfi-64 more attractive to me ! ;)

You could look into my doctest module:

https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/wisp/browse/examples/doctests.scm?rev=tip

this currently does not use a macro but eval, because it uses procedure
properties to store the tests, but it could definitely benefit from
limiting the impact of eval with a macro:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/wisp/browse/examples/doctests.scm?rev=7ccdb6b2fd94#L123

Best wishes,
Arne
--