Re: Guile 3.0.7 compile cache messages

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: Guile 3.0.7 compile cache messages
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 00:09:16 +0100

On Wed,  2 Jun 2021 21:52:15 +0000
Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de> wrote:
[snip]
> I think the assumption is that I was installing my project in any way.
> However,
> I am merely running its Guile code, without installing it anywhere in Guix or
> my
> system.

I still think you may be misunderstanding what I and/or others have
said.

If bytecode files are installed in site-ccache then you have "installed
your project".  From your README, maybe your running of 'bash
guix-env/env.sh' has done that.  As I have said, I do not use guix so I
can't say for sure.  As I also said, it cannot be the case that "I am
merely running its Guile code, without installing it anywhere in Guix
or my system", because guile will not install any files in site-ccache
upon auto-compiling.

Anyway, this has gone far enough and I think the various responses you
have received have explained the problem: it is up to you how you take
it forward as you will.  You have reported elsewhere that you have
deleted the files in site-ccache (in other words, undone the
"installation"), which obviously will stop the warnings and is one of
the approaches I recommended.  You will have to make sure they aren't
"installed" again (and note that your bytecode files in local cache are
no longer managed by guix).

Let's leave it there.