Re: Using guile (running on a port) in Org Mode

From: Munyoki Kilyungi
Subject: Re: Using guile (running on a port) in Org Mode
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:44:18 +0300

Tim Van den Langenbergh <tmt_vdl@gmx.com>
anaandika:

> Munyoki Kilyungi <me@bonfacemunyoki.com> writes:
>
>> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>>
>> Hi Guilers!
>>
>> Recently I worked out a way to point an org src
>> block to any python environment I want:
>> <https://www.bonfacemunyoki.com/post/2022-07-12-gnu-guix-org-mode-guix-profiles/>.
>> WRT to scheme code, is there a way to tell a
>> scheme source block to run a guile interpreter
>> that runs on a given port?
>
> Hello there,
>
> it's been a little while since I looked at the ob-scheme code, but I believe
> that you should be able to use an existing Geiser session as the execution
> session for your Org buffer.  So if you connect Geiser to a running Guile
> instance, give the Geiser buffer a unique name, and use that name as the
> session parameter for your src block (plus or minus earmuffs) I think it
> should
> work.

So I've renamed my buffer to "GUILE"

and now I have this:

#+begin_src scheme :results output :session "GUILE"
(+ 1 1)
#+end_src

But I get:

#+RESULTS:
: Geiser Interpreter produced no output

Anything I'm doing wrong?  I'll look into the
ob-scheme source later though.  Perhaps I'll find
answers there.

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
    but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)