[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ANN] Guile-SSH 0.16.0 released
Artyom V. Poptsov
[ANN] Guile-SSH 0.16.0 released
Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:31:00 +0300
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/28.1 (gnu/linux)
I'm pleased to announce Guile-SSH 0.16.0:
As usual, this release tag is signed with my GPG key.
This release contains a new SFTP directory traversal API and some small
bugfixes. See the full list of user visible changes below.
Guile-SSH 0.16.0 API should be backward-compatible with Guile-SSH
0.15.1, but not vice-versa.
Also now you can read the Guile-SSH documentation online here:
Or here (through the Yggdrasil network):
Please note that:
1. The Yggdrasil access is experimental and there's no guarantees; the
actual Yggdrasil IPv6 address can be found on the main page of the
2. The site itself is self-hosted so sometimes it is a bit flacky.
* What is Guile-SSH?
Guile-SSH is a library that provides access to the SSH protocol for
programs written in GNU Guile interpreter. It is built upon the
Currently Guile-SSH provides the following features:
- The API that is sufficient for building of standalone SSH clients and
servers, or for embedding client/server functionality in your lispy Scheme
- Several authentication methods are supported, including password
authentication, public key and SSH agent authentication methods.
- Key management procedures: you can make key pairs, read keys from files,
get key hashes, get public keys from private keys etc. DSS, RSA, RSA1 and
ECDSA (by means of OpenSSL) are supported.
- Port forwarding procedures and high-level API for creating of SSH tunnels.
- Distributed forms ('dist-map', 'distribute', ...) that allow to spread the
evaluation of Scheme code between remote hosts. Or you can just connect
to a remote REPL from Scheme using 'with-ssh' procedure and evaluate some
expressions. No special server needed on the remote side, just an SSH
daemon and GNU Guile installed!
- SFTP client API allows you to read and write remote files, or do directory
traversal over the SSH protocol right from the Scheme code.
- Remote popen API that allows you to make either input, output or
bidirectional pipes to remote processes.
- Detailed documentation in Texinfo format with examples included, even more
examples in 'examples' directory.
- Procedures for interaction with SSH agents.
* The list of user-visible changes
Here's the list of user-visible changes (an excerpt from NEWS file):
* Changes in version 0.16.0 (2022-09-13)
** Fix Guile snarfer environment
Fix a bug introduced in Guile-SSH 0.15.0 that breaks the cross-compilation.
Reported by Ludovic Courtes <firstname.lastname@example.org> here:
** New API: SFTP Directory
Guile-SSH now allows directory traversal by means of the new procedures in the
(ssh sftp) module.
** Update the documentation.
Many thanks to all the people who helped me with bug reports, pull
requests and other hints. I added all contributors to "AUTHORS" and
"THANKS" files -- please let me know if I forgot to thank someone or
if there any typos.
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <email@example.com>
Home page: https://memory-heap.org/~avp/
CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/
GPG: D0C2 EAC1 3310 822D 98DE B57C E9C5 A2D9 0898 A02F
Description: PGP signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [ANN] Guile-SSH 0.16.0 released,
Artyom V. Poptsov <=