Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:32:13 +0100

> Le 22 nov. 2022 à 14:22, Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> a écrit :
> For what it is worth, I do have functional 64-bit Guile 3.0.x for
> Windows at the link below, but that tree is still full of missteps and
> experiments and needs to made into a cleaner patchset.

Thanks, that is good to know, but it doesn’t help LilyPond in the immediate
future because we have long branched our next stable release, which is supposed
to happen next month, and we require Guile 2.2 for this release.

So we need to live with the fact that fixnums are ~32 bits at most because GMP
expects long, unlike what is done in the wip-mingw branch with mini-GMP.

Best,
Jean