[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
04/06: installer: Force user to choose exactly one network management me
04/06: installer: Force user to choose exactly one network management method.
Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
civodul pushed a commit to branch master
in repository guix.
Author: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 14 23:19:35 2019 +0200
installer: Force user to choose exactly one network management method.
Previously, for non-desktop configs, users could choose any number of
network management methods, including 0, 2, or more.
* gnu/installer/newt/services.scm (run-networking-cbt-page): Remove
'network-management?' parameter and select only 'networking services.
(run-network-management-page): New procedure.
(run-services-page): Call it when DESKTOP is the empty list.
gnu/installer/newt/services.scm | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
1 file changed, 31 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
diff --git a/gnu/installer/newt/services.scm b/gnu/installer/newt/services.scm
index 10c1911..2a22179 100644
@@ -45,19 +45,14 @@ choose the one to use on the log-in screen.")
-(define (run-networking-cbt-page network-management?)
- "Run a page allowing the user to select networking services. When
-NETWORK-MANAGEMENT? is true, include network management services like
+ "Run a page allowing the user to select networking services."
#:info-text (G_ "You can now select networking services to run on your \
#:title (G_ "Network service")
- #:items (filter (let ((types (if network-management?
- '(network-management networking)
- (lambda (service)
- (memq (system-service-type service) types)))
+ #:items (filter (lambda (service)
+ (eq? 'networking (system-service-type service)))
#:item->text (compose G_ system-service-name)
@@ -67,9 +62,35 @@ system.")
+ "Run a page to select among several network management methods."
+ (let ((title (G_ "Network management")))
+ #:title title
+ #:info-text (G_ "Choose the method to manage network connections.
+We recommend NetworkManager or Connman for a WiFi-capable laptop; the DHCP \
+client may be enough for a server.")
+ #:info-textbox-width 70
+ #:listbox-items (filter (lambda (service)
+ (eq? 'network-management
+ (system-service-type service)))
+ #:listbox-item->text (compose G_ system-service-name)
+ #:sort-listbox-items? #f
+ #:button-text (G_ "Exit")
+ (lambda _
(let ((desktop (run-desktop-environments-cbt-page)))
;; When the user did not select any desktop services, and thus didn't get
;; '%desktop-services', offer network management services.
- (run-networking-cbt-page (null? desktop)))))
+ (if (null? desktop)
+ (list (run-network-management-page))
- branch master updated (a5c72da -> f6e3f0f), guix-commits, 2019/04/14
- 06/06: vm: Remove Xorriso "-padding" option., guix-commits, 2019/04/14
- 04/06: installer: Force user to choose exactly one network management method.,
- 05/06: system: Remove "beta" from GRUB menu entries., guix-commits, 2019/04/14
- 03/06: installer: Fix snippet for the DHCP client., guix-commits, 2019/04/14
- 02/06: ui: Highlight heading of generation lists., guix-commits, 2019/04/14
- 01/06: colors: Add 'highlight'., guix-commits, 2019/04/14