guix-devel

Re: Add Mercurial to version-control.scm

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Add Mercurial to version-control.scm
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 15:06:20 +0200

Hi Arne,

Arne Babenhauserheide <address@hidden> skribis:

> Here’s a patch to add Mercurial as package:

Thanks for the patch!

It looks good overall.  I’m assuming that it actually builds, is usable,
and that you assert that you did a reasonable auditing setting the
‘license’ field.

A few stylistic comments.

First, could you send the patch as produced by ‘git format-patch’, which
a ChangeLog-style commit log (see ‘HACKING’ and the VCS history for
details)?  Then we’ll happily push it.  :-)

> +(define-public mercurial
> +  (package
> +    (name "mercurial")
> +    (version "2.7.1")
> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +      (method url-fetch)
> +      (uri (string-append "http://mercurial.selenic.com/release/mercurial-";
> version ".tar.gz"))

Please keep lines below 80 columns (see ‘Coding Style’ in ‘HACKING’.)

> +      (sha256
> +       (base32
> +        "121m8f7vmipmdg00cnzdz2rjkgydh28mwfirqkrbs5fv089vywl4"))))
> +    (build-system python-build-system)
> +    (home-page "http://mercurial.selenic.com";)
> +    (synopsis "Decentralized version control system")
> +    (description
> +     "Mercurial is a free, distributed source control management tool.
> +It efficiently handles projects of any size and offers an easy and intuitive
> interface.")

Likewise.

> I put Mercurial between bazaar and subversion to keep alphabetic
> ordering. Later items might not be ordered alphabetically, but that’s
> out of my responsibility :)

Yes, we’re pretty liberal in that regard.  ;-)

Thanks for your patch, and welcome aboard!

Ludo’.