guix-devel

Re: Add Package Mercurial

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Add Package Mercurial
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:20:41 +0200

"Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)" <address@hidden> skribis:

> I include the patch and file for adding Mercurial to version-tracking.

Nice!

> The patch is in git diff format with commit message, so I hope you can
> apply it.

The patch is not in ‘git format-patch’ format, which makes it more
tedious for us to deal with it.

I understand Git may not be your favorite VCS, but we’d be grateful if
you could facilitate our work.

I tried building it and it fails:

starting phase `build'
running "python setup.py" with command "build" and parameters ()
setup.py with python3 needs --c2to3 (experimental)
phase `build' failed after 1 seconds

Presumably Mercurial uses a different build system different from
“python setup.py”, no?

Thanks,
Ludo’.