guix-devel

Re: The new patch method and mit-krb5

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: The new patch method and mit-krb5
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:35:14 +0100

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:15:32PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> The notion of phases is internal to the build system, so we can’t really
> do that.

Well, the phases are part of the package object. So should it not be able
to extract them? Or does the source field not have any access to the
arguments field? We might distinguish the case that there is a phase
argument inside the arguments field (in which case we extract 'unpack)
from the usual case where nothing is specified and we do the usual thing.

> > This would be more flexible. For instance, we could use it to derive a udev
> > source tarball out of the systemd sources, which would then be returned via
> >    guix build udev -S
> Nice example.  ;-)
> Though I suppose this case is easily addressed with just (chdir "udev")
> or something similar no?

No idea, I did not have a look at it.

Andreas