guix-devel

The Nixpkgs Monitor

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: The Nixpkgs Monitor
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:42:47 +0100

Hi,

A great initiative that we could get inspiration from: the Nixpkgs
Monitor scans packages for updates à la ‘guix refresh’ (but not limited
to GNU packages), and also for CVEs.

Food for thought!

Ludo’.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Nixpkgs monitor moved! Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:53:52 +0100
Hi guys,

The Nixpkgs monitor server made by phreedom (Evgeny Egorochkin) has
moved to a new (easier to remember) URL:

   http://monitor.nixos.org/

I have started using it already to update packages. It provides a nice
overview of packages that might have updates, you can download patches
for updates, it has links to possibly connected CVE items. All in all,
in my opinion we should all start using this awesome project and give
phreedom credits, and feedback to make it even better and more useful!

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Vermaas