guix-devel

Guix, Hydra & Nix

From: Sree Harsha Totakura
Subject: Guix, Hydra & Nix
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:18:02 +0100

Hi!

I have a couple of questions regarding Guix integration with Hydra server.

>From the sources, I found that build-aux/hydra/*.scm convert packages into a
format hydra understands for building them.

Hydra refuses to install without nix-store.  So Nix has to be installed as well.
I'm guessing Hydra uses nix-store command to build and retrieve store paths for
packages given to it.  Is it true?  If so, how can hydra nix-store compile Guix
packages?

Also, does Hydra serve the narinfo files automatically for packages which are
built through it?  Or does it serve those files for all packages present in the
store, even the ones present in store before Hydra was installed?

The current git master of Hydra requires current git master of Nix.  But, it
FTBS for me.  See http://pastebin.com/3bdCUrJw and http://pastebin.com/Sa0bezZc.
 Any hints?

Regards,
Sree