guix-devel

Re: python-3.3.5 test failures on i686 in core-updates

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: python-3.3.5 test failures on i686 in core-updates
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:27:21 -0400

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 12:10:24PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> So now we have two option:
>>   1. Patch GCC 4.8.3 in core-updates, and rebuild the whole thing.
>>   2. Switch to GCC 4.9 as the default.
>> Option #1 is the safest, I think.
>
> As we need to rebuild everything anyway, how about trying out option 2?

We'd need to fix the GCC 4.9 build on mips64el first.

> In any case, before doing that, we should merge core-updates back to activate
> the security fix for glibc.

Given how broken things currently are on i686 in core-updates (broken
setresuid/setresgid in glibc => python-3 test failures => hundreds of
dependency failures of other important packages including emacs), I
don't see this as a good option for i686 users.

At minimum, we'd need to disable python-3 tests for i686, but even so, I
wonder what else will be broken due to the faulty setresuid/setresgid in
glibc.

      Mark