guix-devel

Re: Problems with downloading from https

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Problems with downloading from https
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:49:26 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:27:59AM +0300, Alex Kost wrote:
> I think such an "evil" case is just not handled currently.  If you have
> python-3… installed and you install python-2… in the same profile, then
> python-3… would be replaced, but if you install both packages in the
> same command, then both would be installed.

Interesting, I did not know this, but you are right:

$ guix package -i python
$ guix package -i python-2.7.6
The following package will be upgraded:
   python       3.3.5 → 2.7.6
/gnu/store/iz5shg4py68mbccv2kkd0siv6ryfl3y1-python-2.7.6

If you do instead
$ guix package -i python python-2.7.6

both packages are installed.

I think the former behaviour is a bug. If I use "-i" and not "-u", a package
should not be "upgraded", but added in every case, independently of its name.

Andreas