guix-devel

Re: Font package naming convention

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Font package naming convention
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 10:45:52 +0100

Alex,

On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 12:36:30PM +0300, Alex Kost wrote:
> I think the majority should decide.  So if the most of guix people think
> that it should be named "bar", then let it be so.

for this we would need an "infrastructure": a social contract, a voting
system and what else not, which seems a bit like overkill to decide on package
names. Even debian does not hold general resolutions for the names of their
packages...

> However, I still think that having the following packages would be the
> best:
>   ttf-bitstream-vera
>   ttf-dejavu
>   ttf-freefont
>   ttf-liberation
>   ttf-symbola

Okay, could you please formulate your suggestion into a rule that we could
follow for other font packages than these five?

Andreas