guix-devel

.po files and git pull --rebase

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: .po files and git pull --rebase
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 18:34:59 +0100

Hi,

when I try to update my git repository with "git pull --rebase", I get
the error message:

Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.

Now, "git status" tells me that there are the following .po files
which are modified and not staged:

# On branch master
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#    modified:   po/guix/cs.po
#    modified:   po/guix/de.po
#    modified:   po/guix/eo.po
#    modified:   po/guix/hu.po
#    modified:   po/guix/pt_BR.po
#    modified:   po/guix/sr.po
#    modified:   po/guix/vi.po
#    modified:   po/packages/de.po
#    modified:   po/packages/eo.po
#    modified:   po/packages/pt_BR.po
#    modified:   po/packages/sr.po
#    modified:   po/packages/vi.po
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#    doc/os-config.texi

However, I've not intentionally changed those files. I suspect that "make" did.

Is it OK to tell git to ignore those files with:

git update-index --assume-unchanged po/guix/cs.po

Thanks,
Fede