guix-devel

address@hidden: ATLAS fails to build on mips]

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: address@hidden: ATLAS fails to build on mips]
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 20:58:00 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> writes:

> As I am not sure if Fede is subscribed to the bug mailing list,
> I am forwarding my report here. It is
>    http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18933
>
> Andreas
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Andreas Enge <address@hidden> -----
> ATLAS fails to build on mipsel64:
>    http://hydra.gnu.org/build/133025

As I have no practical experience with MIPS platforms, I'm writing here
to seek some advice.

The ATLAS build log for the mipsel64 platform seems to indicate that the
configure program is not able to find out the system architecture.  To
try to fix the problem we could specify the architecture with the help
of a configure parameter.  ATLAS supports the following two options for
MIPS:

    49 = 'MIPSR1xK'
    50 = 'MIPSICE9'

I have the following questions:

1. Do we support one, or both of these architectures?

2. If we do support both, what is the value of %current-system for them
both?

3. If they are the same, how can we distinguish between them?

As a side note: The Debian Wheezy package appears to use architecture
0 = 'UNKNOWN', which is what we currently do by not specifying any
architecture explicitly.  This tells ATLAS to find out by probing.  I'm
not sure why this is failing for us.

Thanks!
Fede