guix-devel

Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 02:20:05 -0500

Federico Beffa <address@hidden> writes:

> I've created a branch named wip-gobject-introspection with the patch
> and version 1.42.0.  I've also pushed version updates for pango and
> gdk-pixbuf compatible with the former.
>
> Would be nice to have hydra build that, so that we can see what's failing.

I went down this road, and found that a great many things fail.  I don't
remember finding a single package that uses gobject-introspection that
worked without updating.

I got stuck on eudev.  The newest version doesn't work, and I didn't see
anything in their git repo to fix it either.

Before moving forward on this, can you find a way to build eudev with
gobject-introspection-1.42.0?

Also, I'm currently working on upgrading almost every package in
xorg.scm, as well as glib and dbus.  I'll push it as a branch in the
next day or two.  It probably makes the most sense to build your branch
on top of mine.

Thanks for working on this!

    Regards,
      Mark