guix-devel

Nix subset merged

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Nix subset merged
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:32:29 +0100

Until now there was a ‘nix-upstream’ Git submodule, which pointed to the
upstream Nix repository.  The ‘sync-with-upstream’ script would copy
from nix-upstream/ to nix/ the subset of the code that we need, and
patch a couple of things.

With commit 3645756, the Nix code needed for the daemon has been
directly merged into our repo.  This will make it easier to make local
modifications.

In addition, the branch ‘nix’ contains the Nix code filtered by the
attached script (not in the sense of ‘git filter-branch’, because that
would prevent merges with the upstream repo.)  It can quite easily be
merged with the upstream Nix repo.

Feedback & bug reports welcome!

Ludo’.

#!/bin/sh

#set -x
shopt -s nullglob

[ -f AUTHORS ] && [ -d src ] && mv AUTHORS src/

for i in *
do
    case "$i" in
        src) : ;;
        *)   rm -rf "$i";;
    esac
done

for i in src/*
do
    case "$i" in
        src/libstore|src/boost|src/libutil|src/nix-daemon)
            :;;
        *)
            rm -rf "$i";;
    esac
done

find -name Makefile\* -or -name local.mk -or -name .gitignore -exec rm {} \;

if [ -d src ]
then
    mv src nix
else