guix-devel

Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:46:30 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

> - do we really want to use the abbreviation "GuixSD" (rather than the
>   actual name) so prominently?  In my opinion the abbreviation just
>   makes it easier to refer to the system, but it's not like that's the
>   actual name.  As the focus is on offering a GNU system (which just
>   happens to be called Guix System Distribution or GuixSD in ambiguous
>   circumstances) wouldn't it be better to stay with either just the new
>   wildebeest logo or simply the GNU logo?

That’s the feeling that many of us shared several weeks ago, that we
shouldn’t do any branding other than GNU.

OTOH, it’s become clear that we’d have no support in doing that and no
influence over the GNU “brand”; in that sense, we would have to spend a
lot of energy for a result that may be unsatisfying.  I suspect Felipe
reached the same conclusion.

We continue to support GNU obviously, and I hope we can contribute to an
evolution in this area, even if not as directly as initially planned.

Does that make sense?

Ludo’.