guix-devel

Re: [ART] Website mockup rev1

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: [ART] Website mockup rev1
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:41:59 +0000

On Wed Feb 18 2015 at 12:29:43 AM Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Here is a revision of the last website mockup [1].

White header
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guixsd/home-view-white-rev1.png

+1

Black header
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guixsd/home-view-black-rev1.png

Adam Pribyl commented, "The other thing is that the page design
outperforms the state of the distribution - sorry to say that, but while
page feel very user friendly, the distribution has a way to go..." [2]

I understand Adam's worry, but I think that a global message box could
be used to warn the readers:

http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guixsd/alpha-message.png

Or, instead of the global message box, the same message could be used in
the Download page.

What do you think?

I'm not sure.

+ Alpha software is alpha software and should be understood as such.

+ The message blend nicely with the page and also invite the user to join the project, so it can be a better option than alpha alone which can be understood as it's fully broken, with no support and it will delete all your data including connected usb devices...

 Thanks.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-02/msg00450.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-02/msg00482.html

--